Friday, February 22, 2013

Reward me for failure


I am waiting for the job where I get a huge salary and a bonus for incompetence. I am good with the incompetence thing. I know I could drive any SOE - (state owned enterprise for my overseas friends) into the ground. Failing that I could as easily accept obscene amounts of money in any private organisation and have it fail while spending money on consultants and advisors and get a huge bonus for doing so.

I just envy the executives and CEOs in the States who would sniff and turn their noses up at salary packages of less than $1.00 million. Oh dear what has come of us? Any CEO who earns 40 times more than the lowest employee is one lucky guy.

Years ago -in my life time - we had one major supplier of electricity and now we have a competitive model that has pushed power prices up as fast as it has increased the salaries of its executives. The workforce has expanded while the efficiencies have declined and personal responsibility has failed to arrive. Now we will do more and more of this game. I wonder where it was actually proven that executive bonuses improved performance?

Therefore I now wait for the letter asking me to join a quango board where I gain stature in society for being paid more and more for doing about the same as now.

I couldn't do less than I am doing now. Or could I set a new 'benchmark' and improve the 'bottom line' 'while pushing my barrow to the market' 'during these tough times'?


No comments: